2013年1月30日 星期三

Let's Have a Date, My Dear!

#2013-0130

"What do you think we should do today?" I asked my wife.

"Oh, you remember this important date," my wife replied, "I thought you had forgotten about it."

"Of course I wouldn't forget -- Where shall we go to celebrate our anniversary? We just can't climb Mount Sinai this year, can we?" I chuckled to myself, recalling our "romantic visit" to the Holy Mountain (Mount Sinai) on January 30, 2009.

My wife chucked too. It was obvious that she could tell that same story in detail, just as I can. About four years ago she and I had actually cooperated in writing down the whole process of our Holy-Mountain Climbing. And I later included my English translation of that "short story" in my first book of fiction, A Story Untitled + 9 Other Stories, which was published in Germany last year.

Anyway, I should do something to celebrate our wedding anniversary this year too. So I talked with her about it. I asked her what she wanted me to buy her as a gift. She said, "As long as you remember this special date, I will be satisfied; you don't have to buy me anything! -- I'm telling the truth . . ."

"At least let's have a date, darling!" I insisted that we have a luncheon date. We went to a nearby restaurant (called "Farmer") and enjoyed ourselves there until 2:20 p.m. or so.











沒有留言: