2012年2月16日 星期四

老家的回憶 -- The Old Farmhouse

#2012-0216

My father is giving part of his land to me and my three brothers, and there is something to deal with about the transfer [of land]. The legal process!

According to the new law (or regulations), a farm should be used for farming only, and you cannot divide your "agricultural land" into too small pieces -- that is, each piece must be bigger than, or equal to, the "minimum size" regulated by the government. Therefore, my father's land for us four can only be divided into three at most. Our final decision (or solution) is that my youngest brother sells his share of the land to my second brother and me for an agreeable amount of money. Now the legal process is already in progress. We are looking forward to a successful act of transferring.

On the farm mentioned above, there is an old cottage (called "farmhouse") that we should also deal with. Look at the following pictures, and you'll see what we did last Sunday (Feb. 12) and this afternoon. Can these pictures be entitled "Tearing Down Before Reconstruction"? Anyway, we are trying our best to preserve the happy memories of our childhood; yes, I do hope that this very "dwelling place" will become a long-lasting reminder of those "good old days" in the past, during which many interesting things happened to us (the Liang family). Oh! So many interesting "stories" to share with each other, in this big, big family!





The photos above were taken on Sunday, Feb. 12 
while the photos below, on Thursday, Feb. 16.














沒有留言: