Yesterday Jean and I attended a reunion party organized by my former students, who graduated from Wenwu Elementary School (WES) in June 1981—just one year before I left my teaching position there to pursue further studies at National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU). The gathering was held at Guo Shen (Pot God), a garden restaurant not far from the school. Many of my former students attended the luncheon, and some even came with their spouses and children. Having lost touch with them for more than thirty years, Jean and I had a wonderful time sharing a meal, chatting, and reminiscing with them once again.
Speaking of WES, it was my first workplace. At the time, it was located in Dajia Township, Taichung County; today, the same place is known as Dajia District, Taichung City. Times have certainly changed. There is now almost nothing left on the campus from the seven years when I worked there. The classrooms, auditorium, faculty offices, and other buildings have all been rebuilt since I left the school. Although the campus now looks modern and much better equipped than it did in those days, I was surprised to find myself feeling a little disappointed by the complete transformation. So many of the places that had once held precious memories had simply disappeared. (For photos of WES at present, click here: #2013-1208.)
Fortunately, my focus yesterday was not on the campus but on the people—my former students, whom I had not seen for more than three decades. In many situations, software may be more important than hardware, but I believe that neither should ever be valued more highly than people. After all, it is people who create and use both. Jean and I were truly grateful to be invited to this reunion. It became one of the happiest, most enjoyable, and most memorable gatherings we have ever attended. If you look at the following photos, you'll easily see how delighted we both were to spend such a special day with them.
An Important Note: The photos below were taken from the Facebook page of the private group "文武 19," created by Shijane Tsai, one of my most outstanding students at Wenwu Elementary School.
= = =
相關文章 (See also): 文武國小 (Where I Spent Seven Memorable Years) (2013)









沒有留言:
張貼留言