2018年8月5日 星期日

Farewell to Cindy Lehmann (一對一華語教學)

#2018-0805

About 9:30 this morning Susan Chen, principal of St. James' Preschool, and I saw Cindy Lehmann (李欣) and her family** off at the gate of St. James' Church. They were immediately heading for Taoyuan International Airport.

[** Cindy came to Taiwan near the end of June. Her husband and their daughters, Dagny 鍾小漂 "Zhong Xiaopiao" and Piper 鍾小亮 "Zhong Xiaoliang" arrived here much later than she did.]

"Bon voyage! ... Have a pleasant trip! ..." We said to them.

And I'd like to say this to Cindy (whom I named 李欣 in Chinese): "Cindy, I was very pleased to have the opportunity of teaching you Mandarin Chinese this summer -- in July. You were an excellent student; in this one-to-one class, you raised quite a few questions about the Chinese language, some of which made me really impressed. Oh, I've never thought of that kind of thing! This would, more often than not, be my first reaction or response to what you asked. Thank you so much, Cindy. While learning Mandarin from me, you were an inspiration to me; you have taught me a lot. Now, it's time for us to say goodbye to each other, but please remember this: we'll always be waiting for you here in Taichung. Come to us again, if possible together with your family! ..."

相關文章 (Relevant Articles):

1)  Do you speak Mandarin and English? (2016)
2)  Goodby, Aili and Meidi! (2015)
3)  優雅的名字 (Students' names) (2014)
4)  A farewell party for Maura and Tom Walsh (2013)
5)  教外師說華語 (Learn to speak Chinese) (2012)












沒有留言: