2021年1月1日 星期五

好彩頭 -- A Good Sign!

#2021-0101A

This must be a good sign! ... 

A beautiful butterfly came flying to my wife, Jean, and stayed for a long time on her arm, on her neck, and then on her hair. Our friends at St. James' were very surprised at that, as this is a season when you can usually see no butterflies in the outdoor garden here.

St. James' has an indoor (enclosed) garden for butterflies to live in -- it's the Eco-park meant primarily for the preschool children to visit for Science Education. You may imagine how happy those kids would be when seeing some beautiful butterflies flying, or dancing, or chasing each other in there. But was this pretty little one escaping from that enclosed Eco-park? Where was it from? And why was it sticking to my wife -- and seemingly so reluctant to get away? ...

"This must be a Sign," said one of our friends.

"Yes, something wonderful must be happening soon," another friend of ours confirmed.

All laughed, at least smiling in happy anticipation. Our good friends who saw such a scene told my wife and me that we are blessed -- the Lord will continue to bless us even more abundantly in this new year, 2021. They also told us not to be too sad about my mother's death, as my mother is together with my father again, living in another way in the Heaven, where God himself is taking care of them.

(Note: The photos were taken last Sunday, during the coffee hour after the service; by the way, I was the preacher in the English service last Sunday, my sermon entitled The Christmas Story Retold in Different Ways.)

= = =

















沒有留言: