2016年10月17日 星期一

Former Students Have Become Good Friends

#2016-1017

As Jean took part in the classical poetry recitation at Taichung Zhongshan Hall last Thursday, some of her former students (see photos) came to watch her performances. Then they invited her -- and me -- for afternoon tea two days later. So, on Saturday, we met them at Pear Coffee (梨子咖啡館) in Xitun District, Taichung City.

Because we hadn't seen them for over thirty years, we were so very excited to meet them again, and we really enjoyed chatting with them for hours. Many good and interesting memories of those "good old days" just came back to mind all at once after that. Long time ago, both Jean and I had taught at Wenwu Elementary School (WES) for years. These students (Jiayan, Jingkui, Heming, Daqing, and Jiafeng) were taught by Jean when they were in grade 1 and grade 2. They graduated from WES in July, 1983. I left from WES one year before that. But they said that I had once taught them the English alphabet as an additional lesson -- This I already forgot; thanks to them for reminding me of it! ...

Ah, times flies! All of them are now doing quite well. I've just thought of a Chinese saying ""Qing chu yu lan, geng sheng yu lan." (青出於藍更勝於藍  It literally means that "bright/light blue comes from and is better than indigo blue," Students have surpassed their teachers!) Well, Jean's former students have become our good friends. For this I'd give thanks to the Lord. And I'd like to pray for each of them, whom I've just met again, saying: May God bless them day and night, wherever they are!












文武國小(第二十一屆)72 年 7 月畢業

This final photo is taken from: 
攬月吟風 -- Classical Poetry Recitation


沒有留言: