2017年12月14日 星期四

Vertigo (眩暈)

#2017-1214

Vertigo*

Like thieves Vertigo broke into my head
And took control of my freedom to move
For a time I was forced to stay in bed
Seeing nothing I could do to imporve

The same Monster had seized me years before
Those horrible moments I could recall
If I'd learned to thrust him out of the door
I wouldn't move with hands against the wall

Then Medicine helped me to some degree
I was eager to get out for a walk
The outside world provides so much to see
And my heart and my head need a good talk

Oh, how can I always keep my balance?
For Goodness sake, why not pray for guidance?

-- by Mookoo Liang

Notes: 

This short poem was composed on the 5th day after the writer got the symptoms of vertigo on Saturday, December 9, 2017.

According to English Wikipedia, vertigo is a medical condition where a person feels as if they or the objects around them are moving when they are not. Often it feels like a spinning or swaying movement. This may be associated with nausea, vomiting, sweating, or difficulties walking. It is typically worsened when the head is moved. Vertigo is the most common type of dizziness.


















沒有留言: