2023年9月6日 星期三

Fiction Freewriting #2301

#2023-0906

{Fiction Freewriting #2301}

TitleWhispers of Adventure: Ascending Houshan with Enchanting Companions

SummaryUndeterred by impending storms, the protagonist embarks on an adventurous ascent up the Houshan mountain, accompanied by their "magic partners"—V-Giant, V-Monkey, V-Eagle, and V-Pigeon. Together, they navigate perilous paths, braving the elements and seeking the mysteries that await amidst the rugged terrain.

= = =

The weather forecast warned of strong winds and heavy rain in the upcoming days, and Chris, always careful, advised me to be cautious if I ventured outside. The trails on the mountain might become dangerously slippery, putting my safety at risk.

"So, do you mean you won't come with me today?" I asked, and considering the situation, I continued, "Staying at our Home Base is nice, but I yearn for an adventure in the depths of Houshan."

Houshan, as we called it, was the hill behind our dwelling that held a mysterious charm. Chris, who had likely climbed it before, had knowledge I was eager to learn. The uncertainty of the impending weather only increased my curiosity.

"I've never made it to the top of Houshan," Chris admitted. "It might be worth exploring its slopes and discovering its secrets. But remember to return within an hour or two because there's a typhoon approaching. As you can see, it has already been raining heavily this week."

Chris warned me about the potential dangers that came with days of incessant rain, especially the risk of landslides on the hillside.

"I understand your concerns, and I'll be careful," I reassured, stepping out of our Home Base in the V- and T- Zones. The rain, at that moment, was but a light drizzle, and I couldn't resist the allure of the enchanting scenery that awaited me along the way.

= = =

Armed with my multifunctional "walking stick" in one hand and an umbrella in the other, I began my ascent up the western slope of Houshan, the mountain before me.

The newly built footpath resembled a winding staircase, snaking along the steep hillside. Some parts were narrow, while others widened on gentler slopes. It was a precarious trail, with railings on each side. Passing someone coming from the opposite direction in the narrow sections would be challenging. I hoped for solitude, with no unexpected encounters or animals crossing my path.

As I ventured on, a sense of solitude embraced me, and my thoughts turned to my extraordinary companions—my "magic partners" that could accompany me on my journeys. However, the narrow path made it difficult to summon my larger creatures like V-Elephant and V-Lion. Instead, I decided to call upon V-Giant with a gentle kiss on my right index finger.

Summoning my magical allies was as easy as flipping a switch. A simple kiss on my fingertip brought forth the required animal or bird instantly, and another kiss made them vanish just as quickly. Multiple kisses would summon or dismiss them in a rhythmic dance.

So, with a kiss on my right ring finger, I made V-Monkey appear before me. V-Monkey was my agile scout, adept at exploring the terrain with grace. He would stealthily investigate our surroundings, hiding behind bushes or rocks, always on the lookout for danger. Sometimes, he would climb tall trees, swinging and leaping between branches, scanning the area for any lurking threats.

To enhance our safety, I summoned V-Eagle and V-Pigeon. A kiss on the tip of my right little finger brought forth V-Eagle, while a kiss on my left little finger summoned V-Pigeon. These two birds soared high above the hillside, keeping a watchful eye on our surroundings. They scanned the skies and the land, alerting us to any potential dangers or suspicious activity as we moved forward, guided by their watchful eyes.

(To be continued.)


沒有留言: