2023年9月9日 星期六

Fiction Freewriting #2302

#2023-0909

{Fiction Freewriting #2302}

Title: Windswept Heights: Journey to Moon-Viewing Peak

Summary: The protagonist (Mega Pelico) and his "magic partners" go on an adventurous hike up Houshan Mountain. They face unpredictable weather and tough paths along the MVP Trail. Despite the challenges, they reach the Moon-Viewing Peak, where their bird companions V-Eagle and V-Pigeon gracefully fly above. However, their peaceful moment is interrupted when V-Monkey is attacked by hidden cobras. Mega Pelico and V-Giant rush to help, preparing for an intense battle against the dangerous snakes.

= = =

The weather was uncertain, but the wind and rain weren't strong enough to deter me from climbing the mountain. I, Mega Pelico, bravely hiked up Houshan Mountain along with my "magic partners," including V-Giant, V-Monkey, V-Eagle and V-Pigeon. We climbed along the MVP Trail, an 800-meter path that led to the Moon-Viewing Peak (MVP).

As we made our way up the steep hill covered in thick foliage, we reached a small flat area at around 300 meters. It had caught my attention before as an ideal camping spot, nestled among bamboo trees on the left side of the trail. Memories of the intense battle between X-Tiger and my V-Lion flashed in my mind, where they fought fiercely and proved to be evenly matched (For the battle story, refer to either #2023-0901 or #2023-0825).

The rain, now reduced to the lightest drizzle imaginable, had spoiled the perfect campsite by soaking the comfortable ground and turning it muddy. Moreover, numerous weeds had grown here and there on the flat area that I had cherished in private. Despite these challenges, I continued walking uphill, careful not to step into the muddy spot as I was dressed neatly. I also refrained from sitting on any of the three benches nearby, which were wet with rainwater.

Although the rain had completely stopped, the wind started blowing in strong bursts. V-Giant, acting as my personal guard, stayed close behind me, reminding me to be cautious with each step. Meanwhile, my V-Monkey had vanished from sight. He must have moved ahead, covering a distance of 10 or 20 meters, gracefully vaulting from branch to branch as he explored the path and its surroundings. At the same time, my loyal birds V-Eagle and V-Pigeon were likely soaring high above, vigilantly scanning for any potential obstacles that might hinder our progress!

= = =

After a long walk, V-Giant and I finally arrived at Moon-Viewing Peak, where a tall platform had been made of metal and wood. The platform had short railings on all sides, except for a small opening where visitors could enter to enjoy the beautiful view. I saw my two lovely birds, V-Eagle and V-Pigeon, flying gracefully in the sky above the valley. They seemed relaxed and calm now, not in a hurry as I had expected.

"Where's V-Monkey?" I whispered, looking around with concern.

"He's under the platform, I think," V-Giant replied, pointing to the long, swaying leaves of the weeds below us.

Now the wind blew strongly, making me feel cold. The trees and bushes shook, and their branches and leaves rustled with the forceful wind. Then, I noticed that my V-Monkey had returned to us. He seemed busy exploring something strange under the metal-and-wooden structure beneath our feet.

I was a little curious about that, but I turned to V-Giant and remarked, "The scenery around us is great! You see, it would be even more fascinating if we could see a sunset or a moonrise right now."

"During a windy day like this," V-Giant said, "we do have a unique view from this vantage point!"

Suddenly, I heard V-Monkey cry awkwardly in a high-pitched sound. He quickly jumped here and there, screaming in pain, as if he's been attacked by someone or something terrible.

V-Giant suggested I stay where I was, while he hurried down to see what had happened to V-Monkey, who was my number one scout, so smart and quick in actions. But now, what was wrong with him? Was there anything nasty hiding in the weeds down there? I stepped off the platform and, with my special stick in my hand, walk carefully toward where V-Giant and V-Monkey were now together.

V-Monkey had been injured by a cobra, and V-Giant was helping him fight against the repulsive cobra and its companions. Oh, it wasn't just one cobra; there were three cobras in all, lurking in the shadows of the bushes beneath the elevated MVP platform. These hideous reptiles appeared poised to attack at any moment, with their heads raised and their "hoods" flared. Standing just about a meter away from them, I swiftly aimed my walking stick (which can be used as a weapon similar to a tranquilizer gun) at one of the hoods and pressed the hidden button to shoot!

(To be continued.)

= = =
相關文章 (See also):




沒有留言: