2020年11月16日 星期一

Praying with Psalm 23

#2020-1116

I've come to see you again, Mama. Are you feeling okay today? Is there any pain in any part of your body now? I hope not. I hope you're not in pain, physically, and if possible, psychologically also. It would be very, very hard for you to feel comfortable when you have to lie on the bed all day long. I know that. I know it's too difficult for anyone so seriously sick as you, to be in a state of "peace." I've kept praying for you and myself, praying for having some sort of peace and hope in the mind.

Dear Mama, at this moment I suppose the only thing we can do is trust in the Lord our God. As it's not been a long time since you were baptized, you've leaned little about the Bible. But I'd like to share with you the inspiring words in Psalm 23:

"The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in fields of green grass and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water. He gives me new strength. He guides me in the right paths, as he has promised. Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for you are with me.
Your shepherd's rod and staff protect me. You prepare a banquet for me, where all my enemies can see me; you welcome me as an honored guest and fill my cup to the brim. I know that your goodness and love will be with me all my life, and your house will be my home as long as I live."

Let's repeat and remember these words: "The Lord is my shepherd." Yes, he is our Master. "He gives me new strength." He will give us new strength every day. "Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for you are with me." Now we're indeed going through the deepest darkness; however, just because he is always with us, there's no need for us to be frightened. "Your goodness and love will be with me all my life." Let's know and believe that the Lord our God is always with us, being our guide, our supporter, our Master, and our Good Shepherd.

= = =
相關文章 (See also): Endless Music -- A New Beginning?     (2020)



沒有留言: