2020年11月14日 星期六

We Love You, Mama

#2020-1114 

When I entered the room in the nursing home which was shared by my mother and another old woman, that woman was not in there -- she must have been in her wheelchair resting in the reception room (or known as lobby), and my mother, who has been too weak to sit or stand up in recent weeks, was quietly lying on the bed with her eyes closed.

It was still early, I thought; my watch showed the time -- 9:10 a.m. And I was not sure whether or not I should wake her up right away.

In a Toyota RAV4, my wife was heading for the elementary school where she and her friends in the musical group 4-Degrees C would be in rehearsal on Saturdays. She gave me a ride this morning so I could be here in the nursing home much earlier than usual. If I had not decided to visit my mother this morning, I would probably have stayed home for a longer sleep. I'd been busy these past days and I felt I needed a LOOONG rest -- to really refresh myself!

But meanwhile I had a strong feeling that my mother would be happy to see me again. She's so old and weak now. When I tried to raise a couple of questions for her to answer, she didn't even want to talk -- though she had been a very talkative person before.

Oh, my dear Mama, do you remember what you did, what you would like to do (or to have), and how you spent those past years when you were a teenager? And when you were going to be married with Papa? And when you became mother of me (your 1st child), of my 1st and 2nd sisters, and of my other sisters and all my younger brothers? ... We all love you, dear Mama. You are the best mother in the world. This is what I'd like to tell you again this morning!




沒有留言: