2020年11月18日 星期三

We Came to the Nursing Home Again

 #2020-1118

This afternoon Jean and I came to the nursing home to see my mother again. It seemed that my mother was getting weaker than before. She didn't really want to talk. Her eyes were close most of the time.

I leaned over and whispered in her ear: "Are you okay today? You look so very tired!"

She opened her eyes and gave me a glance, saying, "Mmm ... where did you go?"

"Oh, Mama," I replied, "we just came from Wufeng to see you. We are here to accompany you. Let me open the drapes so you can see the scenery outside."

Outside the window those jungle-like buildings were made more attractive by the setting sun at the moment (see photos), but my mother immediately closed her eyes again. (Note: The last photo below was taken on Friday, October 23 instead; taken from the same point of view!)

= = =
相關文章 (See also):







沒有留言: