2023年3月15日 星期三

The Last Piece of Land

#2023-0315

What I call "the last piece of land" is located in the village of Shuĭchángliú (literally, "Water flows long"), where my siblings and I spent our childhood until...

The piece of land belonged to my father until he passed away in 2015. Then, according to his will, the ownership of the land was transferred to my mother. (By then, my father had already given some other parts of his land to my brothers and me!) Five years later, my mother passed away in December 2000, and the land legally became the joint inheritance of all my siblings and me.

I have three brothers and four sisters -- a total of eight people. Since such a small piece of "agricultural land" cannot be legally divided into eight, the only thing we can do is sell it to somebody and then each get an eighth of the proceeds. We are now looking for someone to buy the last piece of land passed down to us by our parents! -- I hope it sells soon; in the meantime, I'm a little sad that we're about to sell it.

= = =
相關文章 (See also):
1)  First Part of My Family Tale     (2010)


















沒有留言: