2023年4月18日 星期二

A Sequel to "The Last Piece of Land"

#2023-0418

A month ago my brother Jinshun and I returned to our hometown, Guoxing, and talked with a land broker (also known as real estate agent) Mr. Wu. We had made an appointment with him three days before, so when we arrived at his office around 3 o'clock that afternoon, discussion started right away and we got to the point very soon.

Mr. Wu suggested that he follow us to where our "last piece of land" is located, in order to realistically assess the value (or price) of the land. We agreed and took him to the land, which is in the Shuichangliu village (水長流). Unfortunately,  he offered a very low price, no more than half of what my siblings had expected. So we didn't have a deal but returned home without entrusting him to find us a land buyer.

A few days later, I tried to seek help from Ms. Lin, who comes to the same church as I do. She kindly taught me a lot about buying and selling farmland. But before she and I had a further discussion, my sister Xiuzhi had signed a power of attorney for the sale of that farmland with another real estate agent, Ms. Zhou. This caused some tension among my other siblings as they wanted me to sign the legal papers with an agency on their behalf. -- That's why I, accompanied by my sisters Xiuzhi and Xiuqing, came to meet Ms. Zhou at Caotun and re-signed the power of attorney with her this morning!

= = =
相關文章: The Last Piece of Land     (2023)





沒有留言: