2026年7月21日 星期二

I'll Get Up Early Tomorrow

#2026-0721

Since Jean and I returned to Dajia on July 14, I've been living at a more leisurely pace for the past week. I've been getting up around nine every morning, while she has continued to keep almost the same routine as always.

She is a morning lark, while I am a night owl. Whenever she quotes the saying, "The early bird catches the worm," I jokingly reply, "I don't want to be an early worm. Early worms are easily caught by birds!"

Tomorrow morning, however, will be an exception. I'll get up much earlier than usual because Jean and I will be attending the funeral of a beloved relative, and our dasao (sister-in-law) will be going with us. I'll be driving, and we'll leave Dajia before 6:30 a.m.

A funeral is a solemn occasion. Tomorrow's service will be especially meaningful to us because it is for someone we love and deeply respect. It is a time to remember a life, to express our gratitude, and to say our final farewell.

Oh, Lord, may You bless the departed, whether she knew You or not. May You also bless and comfort her family, her relatives, and all the friends who shared so much of life's journey with her.

= = =
相關文章 (See also):
1) 大甲夜景 ~ 白玉蝸牛     (2026)
2)  A Short Visit to "Wu Lu"     (2021)





沒有留言: