2013年4月21日 星期日

A Combined Birthday Party at Da Han Cha Yu (大漢茶語)

#2013-0421

Notes: 
(1) Da Han Cha Yu (大漢茶語) is located at 34, Mingxian Street, Cautun, Nantou County, Taiwan. 
(2) The Chinese word sui (歲) is usually translated as "years old" in English, and vice versa; for example, when a boy is 13 sui, we would say that he is 13 years old. This translation is not very accurate or acceptable to Westerners, though.

= = =

My parents hosted a special birthday party today for my brother-in-law Changgeng, for my second brother Jincan, and for me. Both Changgeng and I were born in the same year, 1954. Jincan was born ten years later, in 1964. By the Chinese standard, Changgeng and I are both 60 sui (years old) and Jincan is 50 sui (years old) this year. My parents suggested that it be important to celebrate one's 50th, 60th, and 70th birthdays!

During this combined birthday party, my grandson Little Bee made his great grandparents so happy that they burst into laughter again and again. Look at the pictures below, and you'll see what my grandson did to be interesting to each of us. Oh, yes, ALL of us were very excited about his on-the-spot performance: he sang Happy Birthday to You in Chinese and in English!
















沒有留言: