2016年1月22日 星期五

Seeing the Painter and His Paintings!

#2016-0122

I was so pleased to accompany my mother visiting Taichung City Dadun Culture Center this morning. And I was so very excited to see Prof. Lientung Chuang (畫家 莊連東教授) there in the first of the six exhibition halls (named Da Dun Gallery I), where his amazing works of art were being shown.

I was able to recognize this artist at a glance because he had been a good friend of my best friend Lao Zhan, and because he always dyed his hair reddish orange! Oh, how happy I was! After I introduced my mother and myself to him, he generously gave me as a gift an album entitled 碑體、敘事、記錄簿 - SOLO EXHIBITION BY CHUANG, LIEN-TUNG. This made it possible for me to review and study his paintings after I returned home.

Well, my mother was also happy about our trip there today. But she was almost too shy to sign her name in the Book of Guests/Visitors, when invited to. She said she couldn't read or write because of her lack of formal schooling; but, after she wrote her name, I found that her signature was pretty good -- "Oh, ma'am," said the attendant at the desk, "you can write so well." And everybody nodded and smiled.

In fact, my mother has drawn a few pictures and painted a couple of watercolors; her drawings and paintings impressed me so much when I saw them for the first time, that I would like to share some of them at once with my blog readers. Are you, too, interested in seeing some? You may click here for a small collection of

(See also Visiting the Art Museum with Mom, if you like.)




沒有留言: