2017年7月2日 星期日

"What a Small World! ..."

#2017-0702

At the end of our English service we let those who came to us for the first time introduce themselves (or be introduced). Among this morning's "new faces" were two pretty young women from Hong Kong. Their names, as they later told me in Mandarin (putonghua, "common language"), are Luo Fang (羅昉) and Jiang Yongxian (江泳嫺).

"We are from St. Mary's Anglican Church," they said.

I was excited about that, for HKSKH St. Mary's Church was one -- and the last one -- of  the churches where my son, as a theological college student, had practiced helping in church services on weekends before he completed his studies at Ming Hua and returned home in late June.

So I asked these two visitors from Hong Kong, "Do you know Antony Liang?"

"Oh, yes, you ..."

"I'm his father," I replied, with a big smile. And pointing to Jean and then to Little Bee, I introduced my wife and my grandson to them, openly. All of a sudden the whole church was filled with laughter. It seemed that all the people who were present (including church members and visitors) were in a state of happy excitement as I was. "What a small world! ..." I was extremely surprised to see the two whom Antony had just met on Friday (June 30).

Hi, Luo Fang and Jiang Yongxian! Please tell the people at St. Mary's Church that we, the Liangs, thank you so very much for your kind help and guidance and encouragement to Antony. May our Lord Jesus Christ bless all of you, now and forever!



=     =     =     =     =
The following pictures are taken from 



=     =     =     =     =
The following pictures are taken from 







沒有留言: