2019年7月17日 星期三

Going to the Library (還書、借書)

#2019-0717

Last Friday James wanted to return some books to the nearby library and I went with him. Someone took pictures of us while we were on the way. It was my wife, James' grandma, who returning from the local market, happened to see us over there in front of the library!

As part of his summer homework, James again borrowed a couple of books from the library after he returned the ones that he had borrowed and read. Now, several days after that, did he already finish reading those so-called "interesting stuff" that he took home last Friday?

This morning I returned to Guoxing to visit my mother, who lived there alone in the countryside. When I was back home in the evening, I was surprised to see that James had borrowed some more books from the library. Obviously, he had read and returned the books he borrowed last Friday. -- At this moment I'd like to reflect on these proverbs: 知識就是力量 (Knowledge is power); 學然後知不足 (The more you learn, the more you want to learn); 蜂採百花釀甜蜜, 人讀群書明真理 (Ah, an English translation is requested!).









沒有留言: