2023年4月8日 星期六

Whatever It Looks Like

#2023-0408A

As soon as my wife and I came to Hualien (we arrived here last night), our grandkids showed us something -- Something they thought was new and interesting to us!

Little Shine, or John, first showed me a model airplane. Holing this beautiful thing, he explained that it was a gift from Uncle Guorong (國榮?), and that it "is" the largest airplane in the world right now. "Really?" I had little research on aircraft types and sizes, so I just responded saying, "Oh, great! It's awesome; really good!"

Then early this morning, James, a sixth grader now, showed me a piece of art that his Arts teacher had wanted his class to make. It was, in my opinion, a wildly successful drawing, and a brilliant display of creativity. But he told me it wasn't the best work among all in his class. One of his classmates was so good at drawing -- he could make four pieces of such kind of thing in the time James could only do two and a half himself. I said, "Oh, dear babe, you're absolutely the best; I'm sure both of you are very creative students, as are many other students. Keep it up, James."

I'm not kidding; I mean both my grandkids can please me by showing anything "new and interesting" -- No matter what it looks like, I just like it.

= = =
相關文章 (See also):
1)  《話/畫/化》     (2021)
2)  書法 (初學模樣)     (2021)







沒有留言: