2024年4月5日 星期五

0403 花蓮地震 (Earthquakes)

#2024-0405

The recent earthquake that struck Hualien on April 3rd has been reported as the most severe quake in Taiwan since the 921 Quake in 1999.

According to the chart on the right, the epicenter is situated at Latitude 23.77 degrees North and Longitude 121.67 degrees East, approximately 25 kilometers south-southeast of Hualien County Government, in the eastern waters of Taiwan. The earthquake's depth is recorded at 15.5 kilometers, with a Richter Scale Magnitude of 7.2.

Tragically, it has resulted in 12 deaths, with 18 people missing and hundreds trapped. News reports have shown buildings leaning or collapsing, worsening the already congested traffic situation.

The impact of this seismic event has been profound, affecting many, including myself and my family. Whenever I feel a strong aftershock, I'm filled with nervousness, unsure whether I should rush out of the house or stay calm and remain where I am. It's disturbing to think that just the day before the earthquake, my wife and I were hiking along the Xiaozhuilu and Shakadang trails, where several visitors met their tragic fate in landslides triggered by the quake.

In the face of these events, I extend my heartfelt prayers to those who have lost property or loved ones. Let us unite in prayer for a brighter tomorrow.

= = =
相關文章 (See also):
3)  Away from Me, Nightmare!     (2018)
4)  The 92 Coffee     (2020)









=     =     =
以下是四月五日新聞之截圖







沒有留言: