2011年5月12日 星期四

來!阿公抱抱 -- Be In My Arms, Little Bee!

#2011-0512

As my grandson Little Bee grows bigger every week, he is obviously getting more and more "clever." He would not want to sit or lie for a long time (when he is awake); he would prefer to be held "high up" in the arms instead, and taken here and there so that he can watch everything around!

I mean, the person who is holding this seven-month-old boy in the arms had better keep moving steadily -- for example walking slowly from room to room in a house, standing somewhere but slightly shaking himself and the baby, or turning to look in different directions every few moments! Whether standing or walking, you will become tired more easily than sitting, with a big baby in your arms. So if Little Bee could enjoy playing alone most of the time, or if he were satisfied with being held "still" and "low" in your arms [as you're sitting], then you don't have to "consume" so much energy and time, when taking care of him.

Some of my friends as well as my wife have warned me NOT to carry my grandson in my arms too often. They say that if I do so, this little boy will learn quickly about the rule: "You (as any adult member of the family) are supposed to hold me in your arms!" In other words, after such a rule is made in his mind, he would probably ask me to hold him up every time he sees me. If I refuse, then he'll cry loud!

Now it is true that Little Bee wants me to hold him "high up" whenever he sees me. But I'm really happy about that. I want to hold him in my arms very much, I'm so willing to give him a cuddle, and I'll do that over and over again until I am too old to carry any weight.


- - -

沒有留言: