2011年5月4日 星期三

New Era Art Resort (牛耳藝術渡假村)


#2011-0504

As Mother's Day (the second Sunday of May) is approaching, my sisters and I as well as my brother-in-law organized an outing for our parents to New Era Art Resort (NEAR), which is located in Puli, Nantou County.

NEAR is usually called "Niu Er Shidiao Gongyuan" in our language, literally meaning "Cow Ear Stone Sculpture Park." There are numberless stone sculptures displayed indoors and outdoors. Most of them are such "animals" as pigs/boars, cows/oxen, hens/roosters, sheep, deer, and horses.

Obviously my parents and I were interested in these stone works under the trees. But my sisters seemed to prefer the Tung-oil blossoms -- It is now the season when Tung-oil Trees (油桐) are blooming! [Note: The last three pictures are taken by my brother-in-law.]














































- - -

沒有留言: