2011年9月11日 星期日

As Curious As a Scientist (未來的科學家?)

#2011-0911

What would you like to be in the future? -- When I was small, my friends (classmates) and I were sometimes asked such a question, and our answers were very ambitious: "I would like to be a doctor." "I'd like to be an inventor." "I prefer to be a famous artist." "I hope I can be a powerful magician." "I want to be a king -- or the president of our country!" . . . Of course, our ambitions have greatly changed over the decades since then.

But now, if you look at this little boy, my grandson Little Bee, what would you say about his future? Don't you think he is so curious about everything, so eager to learn more about whatever he can touch with his hands, that he will become an outstanding scientist (or something like that) in the future?












沒有留言: