2011年9月30日 星期五

Little Bee Is On (the) Track

#2011-0930

The dictionary tells me:

On track: If someone or something is on track, they are acting or progressing in a way that is likely to result in success. (e.g. It may take some time to get the British economy back on track . . .)
On the right track: If you are on the right track, you are acting or progressing in a way that is likely to result in success. If you are on the wrong track, you are acting or progressing in a way that is likely to result in failure. (e.g. Guests are returning in increasing numbers -- a sure sign that we are on the right track . . . The country was headed on the wrong track, economically.)

Yet my understanding is the basic meanings of the word, as definitions 1 and 2 of track in the dictionary:

1. A track is a narrow road or path. (e.g. We set off once more, over a rough mountain track.)
2. A track is a piece of ground, often oval-shaped, that is used for races involving athletes, cars, bicycles, horses, or dogs called greyhounds. (e.g. the athletics track)

Well, whether I can use this English word properly, I would like to share with you the following pictures, which I took inside the Chong-Guang elementary school this afternoon. Obviously, my grandson Little Bee has been the main focus of my life (or our life). (Just like my wife) I've always been keeping track of him!











沒有留言: