2011年12月18日 星期日

四度C音樂會: A Concert at Wufu Elementary School

#2011-1218

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Wufu Elementary School (WES), which is located in Wufeng District, Taichung City, the music band Four Degrees C (四度C樂團), led by Miss Xie Bizhu, has come doing a special performance.

Miss Xie graduated from this school long time ago, and after she became a qualified schoolteacher she once returned and taught here at WES for a period of time. So, as you'll see in photos far below, the concert today is entitled "Dreams Flying Up: A Thanksgiving Concert by Four Degrees C" (夢想起飛---四度C樂團感恩音樂會); the concert is not only for celebrating the school's birthday but also for expressing one's gratitude to his/her alma mater.

In addition to Miss Xie, another member of the band, Miss Dai Zhuyi, also graduated from this elementary school. And all other members agree that it is important (and admirable/commendable) for anyone to show his/her thankfulness to the teachers or the school(s) that they have received good education from.

I myself agree with them about the idea mentioned above, though I am not a member of the band [to which my wife belongs to]. When my wife told me last month that Miss Xie would like me to emcee (or host) the concert at WES today, I said "yes" without too much consideration; I do regard it as something worth my trying, for I've just gotten some experiences this year and I'd like to be a better MC, if possible.

Well, following are photos that I've taken inside and around WES. I've especially enjoyed the scarecrows (稻草人) put up in the paddy fields right in front of the school. And our good friend Peter Chan is asked to take more pictures while the concert performances are actually going on the stage!

















節目前 / Preparation #1

節目前 / Preparation #2

節目前 / Preparation #3

謝幕之後 / After the Performance #1

謝幕之後 / After the Performance #2

謝幕之後 / After the Performance #3



沒有留言: