2012年4月20日 星期五

Happy Birthday to Brother Lin -- 生日快樂!

#2012-0420

The photos below were actually taken last Saturday -- the 14th day of April. But I failed to post them onto my blog Mookoo's Home, because I have been busy compiling/editing a book of my own short stories. Now the book is almost ready for publication. I think it's high time that I showed these pictures to my dear friends!

The key points that I would like to let you know include: (1) The main character in the following pictures is Brother Youcong Lin (林幼聰弟兄),  who is 89 years old this year. (2) Brother Lin wanted to celebrate his birthday in a special way, that is, by inviting his "good old friends" at St. James' for dinner. (3) He politely refused our birthday gifts except "birthday cards." (4) To show our respect and thankfulness to him, we prepared some shou-tao (= peach-shaped birthday cakes), which were blessed by the priest and were distributed at the end of the meal.































沒有留言: