2012年4月22日 星期日

The Rev. Vern Jones Visits St. James'

#2012-0422

It is the third Sunday of Easter. We are all very pleased to have a guest of honor, The Rev. Vern Jones, who is a retired priest from the Episcopal Church, Diocese of California.

Rev. Jones came to celebrate the Holy Eucharist and to preach this morning at St. James' (in Taichung City, Taiwan). I was especially impressed by what and how he preached -- Instead of on the pulpit, he stood preaching just in front of the altar and as close to the congregation as he could. He spoke gently, and gestured nicely! (See photos below.) He concluded his sermon with a beautiful and meaningful prayer -- "Let Me Be a Blessing, Lord!" originally by Patience Allison Hartbauer.

By the way, there happened to be an art exhibition (with the artist Ms. Xu Huilan) on the first floor today, so Rev. Jones and we went downstairs to see the paintings after the worship service. After that, all of us moved to the sixth floor in Jiaoyu Lou (the Education Building) and enjoyed our pleasant fellowship/coffee time. Oh! Glory and praise to You, Lord! -- We are so richly blessed; may we become a true blessing to others!

"LET ME BE A BLESSING, LORD!"

"Let me be a blessing, Lord,
To all who pass my way;
Walk with me and guide me
In all I do and say.
Lead me to the lonely ones
That I might bring them cheer,
To show I care and want to help
And that You are always near.
Let me share with others
Your covenant and creed;
Help me to instill new Faith.
Let me fill their void and need.
I strive to serve you faithfully.
To channel hope in Your accord.
Empower me, show me the way,
Then let me be a blessing, Lord!"

[Patience Allison Hartbauer]




















沒有留言: