2012年6月3日 星期日

The Rev. Dr. Peyton Craighill Visits St. James'

#2012-0603

Today is the First Sunday after Pentecost, which is called "The Trinity Sunday." St. James' Episcopal Church, in Taichung City, Taiwan, has a very special visitor from the U.S. whom we have warmly invited to be the celebrant and to preach this morning, both at the English service and at the Chinese service. Who is he?

He is the Rev. Dr. Peyton Craighill (葛培根牧師).

The story of Rev. Peyton is much longer than I can tell in my simple/poor English. However, I really want to mention these: (1) He is son of a well-known Bishop who formerly worked in Jiangxi, Mainland China. (2) He used to be the head of Tainan Theological College and Seminary -- he loves Taiwan (and China) very much. (3) For a couple of years he helped us at St. James' by being our English chaplain! That's why I have known him for many years.

Oh! Rev. Peyton has been one of my Best Teachers and Friends (良師益友). I was always missing him a lot when he was far away from us. Now, I was very pleased (and, more precisely, it was my honor) to have the opportunity of interpreting his sermon during the second service at St. James' this morning. See the pictures.

= = = The first 10 pictures below are of the English service = = =











= = = The 5 pictures below are of the Chinese service = = =









1 則留言:

Darsan Wang 提到...

Please say hello to Dr. Craighill. I enjoyed your article and photographs. I was Bishop James C. L. Wong's office assistant. I edited Wikipedia's webpage "Episcopal Diocese of Taiwan" and sent Bishop Lai an email this morning. I met Dr. Craighill 45 years ago, not sure if he still remembers me.

DARSAN WANG