2017年1月25日 星期三

My Mother-in-Law Comes to A-Ta-Bu

#2017-0125

My mother-in-law came with my sister-in-law this morning. The latter was taking the former to an eye doctor and, on their way to the doctor's workplace (Modern Eye Clinic, in Caotun), they came to visit us at where we live -- Wufeng (霧峰).

Wufeng, literally meaning foggy mountain(s), has a traditional Taiwanese name, "A-Ta-Bu" (阿罩霧).

And my wife and I invited them to Farmer (法蔓田園咖啡) for lunch. And we strongly suggested that after lunch they spend a few moments seeing how much our neighborhood has been beautified recently. We are lucky, indeed, to have a new park (called 本堂公園) established in our community. In this park the traditional name of Wufeng, 阿罩霧, can be seen on a mountain-shaped wall and also on the slope of an earth-piled hill (See photos far below: #9, #10, and #11).

After seeing this new park with the traditional name 阿罩霧 in it, my mother-in-law and her two daughters left for Caotun immediately. Walking home by myself, I prayed in silence: I do hope that doctors at Modern Eye Clinic in Caotun provide good advice and needed help to my mother-in-law, as I privately prayed.















沒有留言: