2020年3月21日 星期六

A Dialogue between the Sun and the Spider

#2020-0321

Time: Saturday, March 21, 2020, at 5:00pm or so.

Place(s): The spider is seen somewhere in Wufeng district, Taichung, Taiwan, and the setting sun, according to Universe Today (www.universetoday.com), is about 150 million kilometers away from the Earth, where human beings and many other living things live.

Sun: Hi, Spider, what are you doing over there?

Spider: I'm waiting...

Sun: I see you doing nothing but sticking yourself to the net you've woven. You've been there at the same spot of the transparent cobweb for hours. Don't you want to move a little bit?

Spider: Just leave me alone. I'm waiting...

Sun: Waiting for what? -- or for whom? -- Look at me. I'm now setting... well, from your point of view, I'm setting in the west now; but people in another place will see me rising in the EAST, and call me "morning sun." You see, I'm always busy working. I won't take a rest; no, never rest even a second. Time is so limited and so precious. How can we waste it in doing nothing at all?

Spider: Well, I don't care... and I don't think I'm wasting my time. But you... your business is YOURS, not mine, eh?

Sun: The problem is that you've been doing nothing for HOURS. Don't you have anything to do, or to complete, before evening comes? It's getting dark soon, as you can see.

Spider: So what? Time just flies this way. -- Anyway, I've done the most important part of my job. The spider's web. What else should I do? Can I force you, the Glorious Sun, to stop moving along? 

Sun: But at least you can...

Spider: Shhhh... No more talk. Somebody is approaching! 

Sun: Oh, I see what you see. You mean the man and the woman walking up the hill? The woman seemed to have enjoyed their hillside walk very much. She told the man, with excitement, that the sunset was beautiful and that they were lucky to be in time for watching such a scene. And do you see what the man is doing? He's taking out his cellphone-camera from his pocket, and now...

Spider: He's looking at me, and to you. He must have noticed your amazing glory at dusk. Oh, he quoted the Chinese proverb "Xiyang wuxian hao, zhishi jin huanghun" meaning that ...


THE SETTING SUN SEEMS SO SUBLIME,
BUT IT IS NEAR ITS DYING TIME.

Spider (continues to say): It's funny, isn't it? You are so Great while I am small. But the man's trying to put you and me together.

Sun: Really? ------








沒有留言: