2020年7月22日 星期三

Papaya as a Dish (木瓜刨絲)

#2020-0722

I enjoy eating papaya as fruit, but this evening I took it as a dish of vegetable.

I liked this new food very much. It looked and tasted pretty good; yes, it was home-made liangban (涼拌) or liang cai (涼菜), a kind of cool food that you may prefer to call "salad" but, in fact, there was no mayonnaise or yolk or anything like that mixed in it.

Well, when my wife was preparing it as part of our supper this evening, she used a grater to cut a papaya into fine long shreds (see photos). And then she added a few ice cubes to the papaya and placed the dish of food in the refrigerator for a while. You may imagine how delicious it was to me! ... By the way, the papayas that my wife brought back from the local traditional market today were "free of charge" -- She had bought lots of vegetables from the woman who gave her these two papayas as a gift.







沒有留言: