2020年11月29日 星期日

Walking in the Dark

#2020-1129

A literal translation of An-Ye Xing暗夜行》:

Walking in the Dark

In the dark night
The almost full moon was high
Up in the sky;
A night-walker,
Looking ahead,
Saw the peak not far away -- 
There was a bright lamp
That seemed real, and unreal.
Anyway, 
Looking back
I found the world at the moment 
Flickering, trembling, and dancing
Like the lights of a myriad of homes;
Oh, super eye-catching, you fireflies.

= = =
Notes: Yesterday evening I took a "night walk" up the Moon-Watching hill (near my house). I was inspired by the moon, the particular lamp, and many other lights in the darkness (see photos), so I composed a short poem in Chinese after I returned home. Here is a literal translation that I'd like to share with you, dear Readers.







沒有留言: