2022年2月14日 星期一

孫子的 "虎年元宵燈籠"

#2022-0214

孫子的 "虎年元宵燈籠" 
(照片由 Anita 拍攝 / Mookoo 轉分享)

James (J) and his Grandpa (G) were chatting on the videophone:

J:   I've just made a lantern. A lantern of the Tiger!
G:  Really? Show it to me!
J:   Look! I made it by myself. 
G:  Oh, fantastic. You made it . . . totally by yourself?
J:   Believe me. Mom didn't help me.
G:  How about John? Did he have a lantern to make, too?
J:   Yes. He also made one, but Mom gave him a lot of help.
G:  He's still small. I think he needed help to complete a lantern like that.
J:   You know, Mom taught him step by step how to assemble the lantern.
G:  Is his lantern similar to yours? I guess his is a Tiger too. [According to the lunar calendar, this is the Year of the Tiger.]
J:   Exactly. We have the same type of tiger. But the same tiger could be assembled in two different ways...
G:  In two different ways? How could this be?
J:   I can show you both his lantern and mine. Look! Here they are.
G:  Oh, great. Both of you have made a good job, indeed. I like the two lanterns so much...

Grandpa (G) expressed he likes the two lanterns so much: One tiger is flying while the other is sitting. The handle for the flying tiger may be transformed into the platform (or ground) for the sitting one; meanwhile, the strings hanging from the handle may become the decorated ropes that can be used to pull the platform forward. (Note: This happy grandpa has two darling grandchildren, James and his younger brother John.)

= = =
相關文章 (See also):
2)  Making a Tour Bus Lantern     (2017)












沒有留言: