2022年9月10日 星期六

中秋節 ~ Glove Puppetry

#2022-0910

2022 中秋節 at 大甲

Jean and I are back in Dajia today to spend the Mid-Autumn Festival with her mother (and our other relatives!).

We happily celebrated this feast day -- here by "feast" I do mean "a large and special meal." In the afternoon we were warmly invited to a local temple (set up by Jean's brother), where they offered a Glove Puppet show and a delicious meal for visitors to enjoy for free.

Of course, Jean and I did not worship the Taoist deity Jiutian Xuannü -- the Dark (or Mysterious) Goddess of the Nine Heavens. We just accompanied my mother-in-law where she would like to stay for a while on such a special holiday, so to speak. In addition to spending time with her, we'd certainly continue to pray for her health and happiness.

And now I find it fun to watch puppet shows (布袋戲). Yes, I've always admired those who perform puppet shows because they are skilled at manipulating the puppets and tell so many interesting stories!

一口道盡千古事,十指弄成百萬兵。
A mouth can tell a thousand stories;
ten fingers can make a million soldiers.

= = =
相關文章:
1)  Taiwanese Opera (歌仔戲)     (2011)
















沒有留言: