2013年9月20日 星期五

Bohemia Art Club 2011

#2013-0920

I was attracted to such a wall-painting (See far below) when Jean and I followed the Zhan family to the entrance to He Kang Restaurant (禾康) on the campus of National Chung Hsing University. That painting looked so familiar to me but it's quite clear that its artistic style was very different from what I had expected. I noticed some words written on the background of the painting, which read: "Bohemia Art Club 2011" -- What does this mean? I asked myself, burning with curiosity.

But I really had no idea about this or that kind of things (or people). How can I get to know so many different "beings"? [By "beings" I mean all that exist, including human beings, animals and plants and minerals, as well as those that are invisible and those that are abstract.]

Well, just take "Bohemia" and/or "Bohemian" for example. A Bohemian is a resident of Bohemia. Bohemian or Bohemians may also refer to: (1) Bohemia (波希米亞), a region in Europe, something related to the former country called "Kingdom of Bohemia" (波希米亞王國) or to the modern country Czech Republic (捷克共和國) and their language Czech language (捷克語); (2) Bohemianism (波希米亞主義 usually not capitalized), a culture movement; (3) Bohemian style (波希米亞風格 usually not capitalized), a fashion movement; (4) The Bohemian (法國印象派畫家雷諾瓦的畫作,標題為《波希米亞女孩》), a painting by Pierre-Auguste Renoir completed in 1868; and (5) The Bohemian (19世紀末法國學院派畫家布格羅的畫作,標題相同), a painting by William-Adolphe Bouguereau completed in 1890.

(Left) The Bohemian by Renoir    <------>    (Right) The Bohemian by Bouguereau


The above two pictures can be seen in the English Wikipedia [by clicking on the links above] while the following "mural" is what I saw this morning on the wall near the door to He Kang Restaurant on the campus of National Chung Hsing University. Do you know why I put them here on the same page? Are you interested in knowing more about each of them? Can they be carefully compared with one another in order to discover something totally new? . . . Good luck to you, dear readers!



沒有留言: