2013年9月10日 星期二

能量圖說: Pictures of Energy and Power

#2013-0910

The two pictures below were taken on March 21, 2013, when I was on my way home from a hike, passing through the villas Yihui Shanzhuang (霧峰議會山莊).

In the first picture you'll see not only the beautiful sunset but also the utility poles with quite a lot of electrical wires connected to them. This picture reminds me of a valuable passage from The Bible, which I would like to quote as follows:

[Jesus' words] "Remain united to me, and I will remain united to you. A branch cannot bear fruit by itself; it can do so only if it remains in the vine. In the same way you cannot bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine, and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me. . . . If you remain in me and my words remain in you, then you will ask for anything you wish, and you shall have it. My Father's glory is shown by your bearing much fruit; and in this way you become my disciples. I love you just as the Father loves me; remain in my love." (John 15:4-5, 7-9)

In the second picture below (or the one on the upper right), you'll see something different. And this picture is significant to me, too. It makes me think of The Book of Isaiah, chapter 35: "The Road of Holiness" -- Here is part of the poetic description from this chapter:

"Tell everyone who is discouraged, 'Be Strong and don't be afraid! God is coming to your rescue, coming to punish your enemies.' The blind will be able to see, and the deaf will hear. The lame will leap and dance, and those who cannot speak will shout for joy. Streams of water will flow through the desert; the burning sand will become a lake, and dry land will be filled with springs. Where jackals used to live, marsh grass and reeds will grow. There will be a highway there, called 'The Road of Holiness.' No sinner will ever travel that road; no fools will mislead those who follow it." (Isaiah 35:4-8)




沒有留言: