2013年9月27日 星期五

Don't Kiss Me So Hard!

#2013-0927

I pulled up at the roadside thinking that it was high time for my father and me to have lunch at Ren Ben Ziran (人本自然) again. It was about 12:20 p.m. and we had spent almost three hours in the hospital where my father underwent a physical exam and some medical treatment. He must have been rather tired and . . . -- Well, was he as hungry as I was at the moment? But it was no easy job for an 83-year-old man to get out of the car when he was so sick.

Suddenly we heard a loud BANG coming from the rear of my car, and we both were greatly shocked, our bodies being shaken in just a second or less but our minds being so puzzled and frightened that we continued to be in a state of frustration until we and the other driver (a Mr. Shen) followed two police officers to the nearby Police Station, where I and Mr. Shen completed the legal process of making a report. Oh! What an unpleasant day! -- It was Monday, September 23, 2013. The accident was actually caused by Mr. Shen. And this is the point: When his BMW was backing from the parking space outside the road, my RAV-4 already stopped at the roadside!

Now, after four days passed by, my car has been entirely fixed. I must appreciate the help of my insurance company. I am also grateful for what the automobile repair shop has done: Rather than patching it up, they replaced (or substituted) the damaged bumper with a new one.





沒有留言: