2015年5月1日 星期五

We Miss You, Darren Yang!

#2015-0501

In the middle of April, I wrote to Darren:

Hi, Darren!
      Have you arrived in the US now? I hope you had a wonderful time traveling all the way back there. You said you were going to continue your studies at university (or graduate school). What are you going to learn? ... 
      I feel I have started missing you a little bit. Could you email me the photo(s) that you took on your final Sunday here at St. James', so that I can remember you well for a long, long time from now on? -- Of course, I hope that you return to us someday in the future. But a photo or two can be used as a reminder of those happy memories when you were with us!
      By the way, you might want to remember me as well as other brothers and sisters at St. James' Church, in Taichung. If so, you may check my personal blog, Mookoo's Home (木咕子的家), or just read some of my articles labeled "教會 (fellowship)" in it.
      May the Lord bless you wherever you are! ...

Then, at the end of April, Darren's email finally came to me, with two lovely photos attached. He wrote:

Hello, Jerry!
      How have you been? I am now in Taiwan, and will see you guys soon. ... We have to keep in touch. I miss you guys pretty much. ... hope you are doing well ... have a good night....

I don't want to copy all his words in the email, but with such a few words as quoted above, I think you can imagine how pleased (and surprised!) I was when I read his email. So I replied promptly:

Hi, Darren!
      Are you really in Taiwan now? ... So wonderful if it is true! ... I do hope to see you again at St. James'. You know, we'll have a visiting priest from the Philippines ... he is Fr. Joel S. Del Rosario. If you come to us on Sunday, you'll see him too.
      Thanks very much for sharing with us the lovely photos! ... The Lord be ALWAYS with you, WHEREVER you are!

The two photos Darren sent me are valuable 
for me and, I'm so sure, for all my 
good friends at St. James'.


The second picture has been changed 
in some way (see below) by me!



沒有留言: