2018年3月6日 星期二

What a Joy!

#2018-0306B

Learn to use the word "joy":

Joy is a feeling of great happiness. (My friends and I shouted with joy.)

A joy is something or someone that makes you feel happy or gives you great pleasure. (I think you'll find it a joy to read ... What a joy! ... Just watching her move is a joy -- she's quick and energetic but also efficient and economical.)

If you get no joy, you do not have success or luck in achieving what you are trying to do. (British English, informal use! -- They expect no joy from the vote itself ...)

If you say that someone is jumping for joy, you mean that they are very pleased or happy about something. (He jumped for joy on being told the news.)

Someone or something that is your pride and joy is very important to you and makes you feel very happy. (The bike soon became his pride and joy.)

=     =     =

This evening my wife and I chatted happily with our friends for hours. And what I really want to say at this moment is this: Just as chatting with our old friends is a great joy, it is such a joy for us to take a close-up selfie (自拍) with an iPad (see the photo).



沒有留言: