2019年4月17日 星期三

The Countryside (田園風光)

#2019-0417

About 10 days ago, Jean and I went back to her hometown, Dajia, visiting my mother-in-law, who had just returned from the hospital. We stayed with our old mama there for two days, during which Jean spent most of the time with her mom at home (and cooked something special for her) but I, just as they suggested, didn't forget to do some "mild" exercises. On the second day, I took a walk along a narrow path through the lush countryside not far from home.

Wow! Seeing those new plants of rice and taro could really make me a little happier. Like Jean, I had been feeling "down" because of the recent situations of our mothers -- both of them have been sick or weak. But as you might have experienced, nature (or the natural beauty of the countryside) can give us some kind of comfort and healing. Well, yes, I hope I will actually stand close to nature more often than before!

=     =     =
Postscript: My mother, or Jean's mother-in-law, is requested to return to Jen-Ai for a follow-up visit tomorrow, April 18. That's why I reviewed the following photos and wrote some notes as above. I do hope the natural beauty of the countryside reminds me of the meaning of the "new life" (as revealed by the green plants of young rice and taro).




 






沒有留言: