2019年8月1日 星期四

紅葉 (Red Leaves)

#2019-0801

Walking in the woods, I was attracted to a tree with many eye-catching leaves.

I didn't know the name of the tree and I didn't want to take even a second or two to check what kind of tree it was. However, this leafy tree ...

There are so many trees over there in the park, some very familiar and some quite unfamiliar to me; to tell you the truth, I don't really care about what they are, or what family they belong to. But ... But this tree, the leafy tree standing on the slope of the hill, became the focus of my attention yesterday morning.

Yes, I noticed the red leaves among lots and lots of green ones. Red is in sharp contrast to GREEN. Without the green leaves, these red leaves could not have attracted me; what's more, if there had been no sunshine coming into the woods, how could the red leaves express themselves so well? -- Oh, my dear Lord, may your Spirit come to and live in me, just as the bright sunlight penetrated the thick woods from above!

** Note: The last two pictures below tell the truth that red leaves will eventually fall to the ground near the roots of the tree. In Chinese we say "落葉歸根" implying that it's important for us to return home when we are old.










沒有留言: