2020年5月7日 星期四

Lights on the New Trail (新路之燈)

#2020-0507

There are eye-catching lampposts along the new footpath (i.e. 望月峰步道) that winds up the Moon-Watching Peak, which is near to my house. I like those lamps very much, not only because they automatically shed lights for "hill-climbers" when it's getting dark, but also because they would always remind me of the following words from The Book of Psalms (詩篇).

Psalm 119:105-106

"Your word is a lantern to my feet *
     and a light upon my path.
 I have sworn and am determined *
     to keep your righteous judgments."
     ---- The Book of Common Prayer

"Your word is a lamp for my feet,
     a light on my path.
 I have taken an oath and confirmed it,
     that I will follow your righteous laws."
     ---- New International Version

"Your word is a lamp to my feet
  And a light to my path.
  I have sworn and I will confirm it,
  That I will keep Your righteous ordinances."
     ---- New American Standard Bible

"Your word is a lamp to guide me
     and a light for my path.
 I will keep my solemn promise
     to obey your just instructions."
     ---- Good News Translation

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
     and a light unto my path.
  I have sworn, and I will perform it,
     that I will keep thy righteous judgments."
     ---- King James Version

"Your word is a lamp before my feet
     and a light for my journey.
  I have sworn, and I fully mean it:
     I will keep your righteous rules."
     ---- Common English Version

"Your word is a lamp that gives light wherever I walk.
  Your laws are fair,
     and I have given my word to respect them all."
     ---- Contemporary English Version









沒有留言: