2022年6月21日 星期二

The Lawn Has Been Mowed!

#2022-0621

The lawn where Jean and I often take a walk in the afternoon has just been mowed. How great it looks now! Like quite a few other visitors, Jean and I happily stepped into the mowed lawn, enjoying the warmth of the setting sun.

Every time the lawn is mowed, the new grass will make the entire lawn appear greener and more elegant. Yes, in a sense, lawn mowing may be similar to the pruning of a tree.

I am reminded of the camphor tree next to the basketball court near my house. A few days ago, the tree was pruned so bare that it didn't even have a leaf. But now new leaves are growing! (For photos, see my previous post The Tree Was Pruned.)

The lawn mowing, on the other hands, reminds me of the Lemon-scented Gum (檸檬桉) that I saw the other day shedding its own bark. Seeing the bark fall off on its own made me even think of St. Paul's teaching in Ephesians 4:21-24! (For the scriptures, you may see 檸檬桉: 猴不爬.)

Now, as you'll see, the last four pictures below do not show the lawn, but a big ditch beside the lawn. The ditch is meant to drain rainwater from the nearby mountains (and water from the Sun Moon Pool in the Provincial Assembly Memorial Park!) so I think all the weeds should be removed from the waterway. However, this kind of mowing would be hard to do unless you have a good machine! Am I right?

= = =
相關文章 (See also):

















沒有留言: