2022年12月26日 星期一

布洛灣 (吊橋 + 環流丘步道)

#2022-1226B

It's Monday, the day after Christmas, and my son has some free time (off work!). When he asked if we'd want to go out for a walk, I said it was so cold and I'd rather stay in bed and hide under the covers. But Jean had a different idea. She said, "Let's go, why not? -- You can wear your hat and scarf and green jacket!"

She was right to insist on sight-seeing somewhere. We visited a beautiful place called "Buluowan" (or Bruwan in Kari Truku 德路固語/太魯閣語). And, you know, my green jacket is thick and warm enough, so I put it on before going to Buluowan.

For the beauty of Buluowan, see also the pictures in my previous post. Now I just want to tell you two interesting things about our trip today:

First, due to the high number of tourists there during the Christmas season, it was hard for us to get a better lunch than dumplings (see second to last photo). When we thought about having lunch, all the normal set meals were sold out.

Second, after lunch, I was attacked by a swarm of wild bees while taking pictures of the two large pine trees (see last photo). Neither I nor my son (standing by me at that moment) realized what the flying insects were at first sight. More than 100 bees kept flying around me probably because I was in a bright green jacket. The color of my jacket must have looked like some kind of flowers, a great attraction to them. I took off my jacket and swirled it quickly, trying to drive them away, but useless -- they kept coming to me, some sticking to my jacket, and some standing on my head, and my neck, and my hands. 

I actually got stung on the neck and left hand. Feeling hurt, I had to run away from the attacking bees as quickly as possible. What an awful experience I had today! For the first time in my life I was surrounded by SWARMS of wild bees!

Moral: Next time when you're out in the mountains, pay attention to the color(s) of your clothes.

= = =
相關文章:
1)  布洛灣 (山月吊橋)     (2022)
2)  美崙山公園     (2022)
































沒有留言: