2023年5月22日 星期一

跟隨流行 "確診" 了!

#2023-0522

Out of the blue, I tested positive for COVID-19, too.

This was my first time to get COVID-19, the very first time in my life! I guess I just followed in my wife's footsteps. She'd felt sick and tested positive on the next day after we returned from Rev. Jason Ke's funeral. And, as far as I can tell, she and Tina (who rode to the funeral in the same car as we did) seemed to have tested positive for COVID-19 on the same night. I was lucky enough to test negative until May 12th, so I was able to attend the diocesan convention as scheduled -- but my wife canceled all her participation!

The process of recovering from COVID-19 was a little difficult for me. Staying in the bedroom most of the time, I tried to "isolate" myself from my children and grandchildren, just as my wife had done. Then she tested negative two or three days before I did. But as her immunity weakened, she developed shingles -- or technically, herpes zoster (帶狀泡疹).

Fearing the long journey, we postponed our return from Hualien. We felt weak as we were on our way home on May 18; then, in order to get more rest, I decided not to go to Rev. Jason's memorial service on Saturday, and we also missed our regular Sunday service at St. James' Church. -- Anyway, thank the Lord for finally healing us!

= = =
相關文章:
2)  The 4th Dose of the Vaccine     (2022)








沒有留言: