2012年7月23日 星期一

The Rev. William Vun, etc. Visit St. James' (溫牧師等 8 人來訪)

#2012-0723

When Rev. Charles told me that Rev. Vun (commonly said as Wen mushi in Mandarin) was coming from Sabah, Malaysia, I was sort of excited because this special guest might be the one that I had met at St. James' many years before.

"Is he a Hakka person?" I asked in curiosity. Rev. Charles said yes and he added, "Wen mushi worked here about 20 years ago as  . . . and he will come soon with a group of members of his church." It would be very interesting to meet him again, I thought. Two decades is a long period of time that would make a man look very different. (In fact, I don't really remember what Wen mushi had looked like in those past days. I just remember that he could speak Hakka, being a Hakka man.)

Then comes this day when Rev. Vun and his wife and six other teammates have arrived. As Rev. Charles previously suggested, some of us as representatives of St. James' (including our senior warden Samuel Chen and former senior warden Joseph Hu) have been waiting to greet them at the church -- The photos below were taken in the church building Xuan Jiao Lou (translated as "Evangelistic Building"). Look! The one in a red polo shirt is the Rev. William Vun, who is not the Wen mushi I had expected. The Wen mushi that I had previously thought of is this Rev. Vun's cousin, who has already become a bishop and should be called Wen zhujiao in Mandarin now.









沒有留言: