2014年1月1日 星期三

New Year's Resolutions

#2014-0101

Many people have their New Year's Resolutions at the beginning of a new year. When I asked myself what I would plan to do especially in 2014, I found it hard to give a good and "specific" answer.

Jean and I have thought of rebuilding our (or, more precisely, my) "lao jia" [= old house] in the village of Shuichangliu, in Guoxing, Nantou County. She and I are also praying for our family and friends, especially for my father, who is presently staying at Green Pine Nursing Home due to his poor physical condition; we hope that we'll be able to meet all our friends as well as our relatives more often in 2014.

And do I have something special to do as one of my particular "dreams" to make true in this new year? Oh, as an ordinary man at the age of 60, I seem to be much less ambitious than before. I wish I could really follow some principles as follows:

[Click and see the chart/diagram: "The 3-in-1 Philosophy of Life"]

Regarding Knowledge of Wisdom:
I'll make good use of my common sense. (善用常識)
I'll keep learning all my life. (終身學習)
I'll read and learn from the Bible. (讀經)

Regarding Sincerity with Love:
I'll understand and love myself. (律己)
I'll love and/or respect others. (益人)
I love and trust in the Lord. (榮神)

Regarding Fulfillment through Action:
I always have beautiful pictures in my heart. (常懷美夢)
I'll cherish the present. (把握現在)
I'll pray to the Lord. (祈求)

沒有留言: