2014年2月24日 星期一

Meeting in the Private Garden -- 私房 の Garden

#2014-0224

私房 の Garden, or what I translated as "Private Garden," is a restaurant not too far from my house. All my family, including my grandson Little Bee, like it so much that we come and eat here every other week at least. So, when Jean and I thought of inviting some of our "good old friends" to us, we just agreed that we could invite them to the Private Garden for lunch before their coming to our house for "afternoon tea."

Now our invitation has been accepted; our plan for the lunch and afternoon tea has been carried out. But all the visitors made a decision: They wanted us NOT to pay for their meals, saying that we must "go Dutch" to make it easier for us to meet in this way on a regular basis. No matter how Jean and I tried to persuade them, they insisted that we start to go Dutch right away, without delay, to make this kind of meeting go on and on.

Oh, how wonderful it will be to have more meetings like this! Jean and I have really had a great, great time chatting with our good old friends in the Private Garden!





沒有留言: