2014年2月26日 星期三

樹、鳥、草花、這個人 -- Vivid Impressions

#2014-0226

Here are vivid impressions of life:

(1) An old tree near my house; (2) beautiful tall trees in the park where I go for a walk sometimes; (3) red leaves on the branches; (4) a bird eating an insect or something; (5) wild flowers in very different shapes and colors; (6) clusters of tiny fruits produced by a particular kind of plant which my father called "Vong Tien Ki" (literally, Yellow-Vine-Brunches) in the Hakka dialect; and --

(7) the shadow of a tall man walking with a walking stick.

Note: The old tree that I mentioned above and marked "(1)" is called "Tua Ang Ch'iu" (literally, Big Red Tree) in my mother tongue, the (Taiwanese) Holo dialect.

Now it is clear to you, isn't it? -- that my parents can actually speak two different dialects. My father is better at Hakka while my mother is better at Holo. This is my impression, too!

























沒有留言: